Dab Pen & Wax Pen
Dab Pens & Wax Pens
Dab pens and wax pens, also called wax vaporizers, are an increasingly popular and easy way to consume waxes, shatter, rosin, etc. The Lookah Seahorse and Seahorse Pro are two of the best wax pens for sale today.
What is a Dab Pen/Wax Vaporizer?
Dab pens, also called wax pens, are a compact, portable, and electronic alternative to dab rigs and dab torches. Because of their portability and convenience, many dabbers and tokers buy dab pens for enjoying their waxes and concentrate on the go.
These electronic pen-shaped vaporizers can be fired up at the press of a button. They use a ceramic or quartz coil to vaporize your dabs and wax for quick, hassle-free consumption.
Being able to fit in your pocket means dab pens are ideal for a quick hit wherever you are, perfect for on-the-go dabs!
The best dab pens should easily fit in your pocket, use high quality, rechargeable lithium-ion battery, and quartz or ceramic coils to provide superior flavor.
How Much is a Dab Pen?
You can buy a top-quality dab pen like the Lookah Seahorse Pro from our online head shop for under $50. The original Seahorse wax dab pen will set you back just under $40 while the Seahorse Pro dab pen is a little more at $46. However, the ability to replace the chamber and mouthpiece and the additional accessories allowing you to connect this wax pen to a water pipe are attractive qualities for the small increase in price.
The Seahorse and Seahorse pro dab pens are multi-use devices that allow you to smoke wax concentrate and oil. With the Seahorse pro's 510 thread, you can replace the quartz coil with a 510 oil cartridge, allowing you to smoke from both sides of this vape pen.
How to Use a Dab Pen?
Like the Lookah Seahorse Pro, the best dab pens are very easy to use for vaping wax. They don't have a wax chamber attachment, so there is no need to load the wax. Just follow these easy steps. (based on Seahorse Pro)
- Ensure the dab pen is charged. If the LED light is flashing red, the battery is low and needs charging. The LED will turn cyan when fully charged.
- Turn on the Seahorse pro wax pen by pressing the power button 5 times in quick succession.
- Double press the power button to switch between the temperature settings, from low (blue), through mid (purple), high (white), or preheat.
- When ready, you can press and hold the power button to heat the coil to the set temperature.
- Bring the tip of the now hot coil into contact with your wax concentrate.
- As the concentrate vaporizes, gently inhale from the mouthpiece pulling the vapor into your mouth and lungs.
- Release the power button about halfway through your inhale; the heat will continue to vaporize the wax.
- Repeat steps 4 to 7 as required.
Do Dab Pens Smell?
A dab pen vaporizes your concentrates so it won't stink up the place anywhere near as much as combusting dry herb like you would when smoking a joint or bong. However, the smell will vary depending on the concentrate you use and the number of terpenes contained therein.
How to Clean the Seahorse Pro
Follow this video guide on how to clean the Seahorse Pro dab wax pen, taking it apart, cleaning the components, and putting it back together again.