Bubbler Vs. Bong - What's the Difference and Which is Best for your Smoking Needs?
Choosing the perfect smoking device can be a tricky process. When you walk into a head shop, it's easy to be overwhelmed by the number of hand pipes, bongs, and smoking gadgets you have to choose from.
It seems impossible to find out which would suit you best without taking each one of these devices to try. Fortunately, we can help you realize which devices are right for you.
In this article, we will discuss bubblers and bongs, which is the most suitable choice for you.
What is a Bubbler?
While most of you may be familiar with the concept of a Bong, many may not know what a bubbler is.
Basically, it's a mixture between a smoking pipe and a bong.
Bubblers are compact and more like a large smoking pipe, not dissimilar to the sort of pipe you'd expect to see sherlock holmes smoking from.
However, they create a smoking experience closer to what you'd get from a bong.
The bubbler has a small chamber that water is poured into, and from this, a large next arises. The bowl is connected to the other side of the water chamber, so when you hit it, bubbles are created as the smoke is filtred -- hence the name.
Let's review some of the advantages and disadvantages of using a bubbler.
- The water in the bubbler makes the smoke smoother than other glass pieces like chillums, rollers, or spoons.
- The smoke is cooled and filtered, so it is easier on your lungs and is much less likely to cause you to cough.
- They are smaller and therefore easier to handle than other water pipes.
- These pieces are perfect for people who want a heavier smoking experience without needing to invest a lot of money on something big and expensive like a glass bong.
- They are more durable. Because of their small size, if you knock over the bubbler, it's more likely to stay in one piece than the bongs.
- A bubbler is more stealthy than a bong -- it makes much less noise when you're hit.
- Cleaning them a be a pain. A bubbler can get really dirty -- and fast. And since you can't take them apart, they can be awkward to clean.
- The water needs to be replaced more frequently, and the glass gets dirty faster than with a bong.
- There are not many opportunities for customization. The bowl is not interchangeable -- so if you break it, you'll have to replace the whole piece.
What is a Bong?
This is a pretty silly question for someone who is shopping for one, but let's look at some basics. Unlike the bubbler, the bong is usually much larger and more substantial than the bubbler.
You have to put more water in it, it's more complicated, it's generally considered something more advanced than pipes or bubblers. Here's a quick look at the pros and cons of a bong.
- Bigger clouds and rips. Since the Bongs are much larger than the bubblers, the hit can be much larger.
- This will give you a better, longer-lasting high than a bubbler.
- Bigger bowls mean they are more social. Bongs are better for sharing in groups and gatherings.
- They are very fairly for cleaning. The simpler bongs are straight tubes with removable stems and bowls, making them a doddle to clean.
- Customization is endless. Not only can you mix and match different parts to create the perfect bong, but they also come in many different varieties, sizes, and shapes. Not to mention you can go from incredibly simple to some of the most complex pieces of glass imaginable.
- The larger complex glass water pipes can be very delicate. Unfortunately, you have to watch your bong. The bigger it is, the more careful you have to be. Dropping it on the ground once could result in a very expensive accident.
- They are hard to store. Because of their large size and unusual shape, there aren't many convenient places to store your bong.
Hopefully, this gives you a better understanding of bongs and bubblers so you can make the right choice about which device is best for you.